Shinjuku Shibuya Tour
The busiest train station in the world opens up to one of the most buzzing districts of Tokyo. This neighborhood has a little something for everyone, and a big garden for all.
About 90 minutes.
Japanese young youth pop culture and its most colorful and bubbly. Prepare for a shock to the senses. About 30 minutes.
It’s off to Omote Sando, where refined, high style lifestyles are on display. But you’ll have to look carefully to see the best bits. We’re happy to help with that. This is also a great place to stop for a coffee or otherwise enjoy a little break from walking. About 45 minutes.
As the young (and youngi-sh) cultural center of Japan, cutting edge trends are often on display here first. All the crowds, huge video screens in the sky, and an underground scene to boot. Great people watching. Whereas Shinjuku focuses on more mainstream shopping venues, Shibuya skews younger and a bit more independent. Our time in Shibuya will be an expose of sorts of Japanese modern culture as geared primarily towards the youthful set. The area has a tame funkiness and mild avant garde vibe to it, and we love to show you some of the hidden bits. We’ll also of course see the famous, eye-popping wonders of the area, including the chaotic pedestrian crossing known as the “Shibuya Scramble” and some of the recent, momentous feats of architecture that dot the Shibuya core.
There are a couple of things we’d like you to take note of before joining us.
- Please come wearing comfortable shoes. We do a fair bit of walking. For those who wish to avoid too much walking, please let us know and we will make our best attempt to suitably modify the itinerary.
- We’ll be outdoors most of the time, so do keep the weather in mind
- All guide costs
- Your transportation (figure between 300 yen per person, all of which will be on JR)
- Food and drinks. We will recommend a coffee stop in Omote Sando.
- Pickup can be arranged by request. This means we will gather you about 30 minutes before tour start (we’ll confirm the timing based on your location). Fees below do not include your transportation cost, but we can tell you exactly how much that will be once we know your location. Prices below are for the entire group.
- Within central Tokyo (along or within the Yamanote (loop) Line: 5,000 yen
- Odaiba: 7,000 yen
- Other areas: Please inquire.
- Extensions are available at 4,800 yen/hr per group. Please discuss how you would like to use extra time with us in advance.