Gay Tokyo Tour
Decades ago this was a major gay playground. Now it is richer in history than action, but what is still left is well aged and smokey. We’ll walk around and explain it all, but we don’t go into any of the places here. About 60 minutes of exploration and storytelling.
Just adjacent to Shinjuku 2-Chome gay district is 3-Chome, and we like the atmosphere here quite a bit. We’ll chat and figure out a good place to have a light meal and a drink before heading over the 2-Chome. Around 75 minutes with transport from Asakusa.
The eye candy and storefronts in 2-Chome are a world apart from Asakusa, and we know all the nooks and crannies to navigate you about. Afterwards, we’ll stop somewhere for a drink where foreigners are welcome and the people are friendly. To be honest, most everywhere is foreigner friendly; it’s just that sometimes the language barrier can be tricky. About 45 minutes or so with all this.
There are a few things we’d like you to take note of before joining us.
- More than six people on a gay Tokyo tour couldn’t possibly be fun, and indeed our tour often runs as a private tour
- The legal drinking age in Japan is 20
- The minimum age to join this tour is 18
- Please come wearing comfortable shoes, as there will be a fair bit of walking and standing, though most likely sit down for some food and also when we have that second drink.
- A light dinner in Shinjuku
- Up to two alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks (one at dinner, and one at the bar we go to in 2-Chome)
- Train fare between our two neighborhoods
- Drinks beyond the two provided, but you are free to purchase additional ones directly from the restaurant or bar if you wish
- Would you like to have a guide come early and escort you to the tour start point? This is available within central Tokyo (defined as along or within the Yamanote Line) for 5,000 yen plus your train fare. Odaiba is a bit higher at 6,000 yen, and for pickup points beyond that, please inquire. Prices quoted are for the whole group, not per person.