For many decades, this has been a gay enclave. Though the clientele may have been young at some point, that’s not the case anymore. We’ll crisscross this area, showing you (from the outside, at least) the best of an anachronistic assortment of adventures. We also have a local light dinner here (included). We spend about 75 minutes here.
After riding the train up from Shin-sekai, we get down to exploring modern LGBTQ culture in Osaka. Some interesting sights are also in store here. About 45 minutes of walking around.
Which bar we choose can vary, but you can be sure it will be foreigner-friendly and local. About 30 minutes here.
There are a few things we’d like you to take note of before joining us.
- The legal drinking age in Japan is 20
- The minimum age to join this tour is 18
- Please come wearing comfortable shoes, as there will be a fair bit of walking
- A light dinner in the Shin-sekai neighborhood
- Up to two alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks (one at dinner, and one at the bar we go to in Doyama)
- Train fare between our two neighborhoods
- Drinks beyond the two provided, but you are free to purchase additional ones directly from the restaurant if you wish
- Would you like to have a guide come early and escort you to the tour start point? This is available for central Osaka addresses for 5,000 yen plus your train fare (which will be less than 300 yen/person). For pickup points beyond central Osaka, pricing may be higher. Please email us or make a note at time of booking if you are interested in this service.