Arashiyama Tour from Osaka
Pinpoint Traveler has an average score of 4.7⭐ across over 500 reviews on multiple review sites. Below is a sampling of some of our most recent reviews for Kyoto Tour by Private Vehicle
Tenryuji is an auspicious start to our Kyoto day. We’ll see a stately temple, gorgeous gardens, then exit to the famous bamboo grove. History has rarely seemed more relevant. About one hour here.
Still in the Arashiyama area, we visit Okochi Sanso, the former estate of a famous actor from the earlier 20th century. Resplendent grounds, dotted with historic buildings. We also take a tea break here. Around 45 minutes to an hour here.
A 15 minute stroll down to and then along the lovely Hozu River leads us back into town. We’ve got a number of suggestions for Kyoto shopping and lunch places too. If you’re not interested in the shops, we can easily breeze by. About 90 minutes altogether for most, but this can vary.
Old storefronts line this historic part of the Gion district, and the stream running through it makes for an even more atmospheric experience. About 15 minutes.
Routinely rated among the top things to do in Kyoto, our visit to Fushimi Inari will take you beyond simply walking through the famous red gates. We get away from the crowds here and there, and richen the experience with stories and cultural points. About 75 minutes here.
If you’re looking to make your day a couple hours longer, consider our Xtra Large package at time of booking. Please read more about some potential options in the “Care to supersize your Kyoto day from Osaka?” section of the full tour description above.
- Please come wearing comfortable shoes. It’s a car tour, but there will still be a fair bit of walking around. For those who wish to minimize walking, please let us know and we’ll modify the itinerary to suit your needs.
- Kyoto tends to be a bit cooler in winter and even a bit warmer in summer than Osaka. Please dress for the day with this in mind. You can always leave things in the car while we walk around.
- Enjoy all the exciting stops described above and more on this private vehicle tour! The plan described is a model course, and there is the possibility for change based on our guests’ interests. Timing and external factors (such as traffic conditions) may force deviations from this model course.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All vehicle costs
- All guide costs
- Food and drinks
- Admissions (expect to spend 1500 yen per adult on the standard tour, around half that for primary school and younger)
- Pickup if you are outside of central Osaka (defined as within or along the JR Loop Line) or Shin Osaka areas: Port of Osaka, Hyatt, or Universal Studios area pickups will incur a 2,500 yen extra fee each way. For other areas, please inquire. Fees are for the whole group, not per person.
- Going “Xtra Large” allows for two more hours of touring.