History starts here, where the first train service started. We’ll check out a nice view from up high nearby as well. About 45 minutes.
A garden that’s hundreds of years old, but seems just as relevant today. Some pretty special things to see and talk about here as well. About 30 minutes.
A refreshingly slow way to take in the sights as befits a Tokyo private tour, and a nice way to transition to Asakusa. This is also a perfect opportunity to talk about the significance of the river, and what went on along its banks then – and what goes on now. About 45 minutes.
Probably the most important Buddhist temple in the city, with thousands of people visiting daily. The area around it was once a center of shopping and entertainment, and it’s still busy and noteworthy despite being surpassed by the likes of Shinjuku and Shibuya generations ago. Around 45 minutes.
High on soul and merchant liveliness, this is an area that has roared into the present from an illustrious past. Also the home of Tokyo National Museum, if you are interested in working that into the schedule. Around 45 minutes.
There are a couple of things we’d like you to take note of before joining us.
- Please come wearing comfortable shoes. We do a fair bit of walking. For those who wish to avoid too much walking, please let us know and we will make our best attempt to suitably modify the itinerary.
- We’ll be outdoors most of the time, so do keep the weather in mind
- All guide costs
- All standard costs while on tour (admissions, river cruise, local train rides)
- Admission to Tokyo National Museum (should you choose to go)
- Any expenses resulting from your customizing of the tour
- Food and drinks
- Pickup can be arranged by request. This means we will gather you about 30 minutes before tour start (we’ll confirm the timing based on your location). Fees below do not include your transportation cost, but we can tell you exactly how much that will be once we know your location. Prices below are for the entire group.
- Within central Tokyo (along or within the Yamanote (loop) Line: 5,000 yen
- Odaiba: 7,000 yen
- Other areas: Please inquire.
- Extensions are available at 4,000 yen/hr. Please discuss how you would like to use extra time with us in advance.